Welcome: Frank Dornseifer, Managing Director, BAI e.V.
Block DLT - Technology & Regulatory
1. DLT and mapping of funds and assets in blockchain infrastructures.
Short introduction by Dr. Sven Hildebrandt, Managing Director, DLC Distributed Ledger Consulting GmbH
Technology panel: how does it work?
- What new roles and market infrastructure are emerging?
- What are the opportunities and risks?
- Which value creation steps are affected?
- Assets: from cryptocurrencies, electronic securities to (security) tokens.
- Custody: relevance of custody, technical possibilities and current developments
- Challenges in trading and custody
Moderation: Dr. Sven Hildebrandt, Managing Director, DLC Distributed Ledger Consulting GmbH
Participants: Daniel Andemeskel, Managing Director, UI Enlyte-Gesellschaft mbH, Jakob Drzazga, CEO & Founder ScalingFunds GmbH, Dr. Matthias Hirtschulz, Partner, d-fine GmbH, Thomas Langbein, Head of Sales & Business Development, Blocksize Capital GmbH, Christopher May, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Finoa
10:30am – 11:30am
Regulatory panel: What are the requirements for products, services and infrastructure?
- eWpG and eWpG-VO: Licensing and authorization issues; how do I issue e- or crypto-securities?
- Crypto custody business: who is afraid of the KWG?
- KAGB & crypto funds: § 284 KAGB and the new crypto quota in practice; acquirability, eligible marketplaces, impact on the investment triangle, etc.
- CryptoFAV: the role of the depositary; outsourcing; inclusion of registered AIFMs.
- AMLA and FATF Guidelines / Crypto Securities Transfer Regulation: initial assessments and experiences.
- MiCA, DORA, DLT Pilot Regime: where is the EU heading and how does it relate to the German regulatory framework?
- Can DLT be ESG compliant (esp. regarding environment/energy consumption)? Impact of consensus protocols on energy consumption (proof of work, proof of stake, proof of burn, etc.).
Moderator: Frank Dornseifer, Managing Director, BAI e.V.
Participants: Dr. Carola Rathke, Partner, Eversheds Sutherland, Dr. Nick Wittek, Partner, JonesDay, Kurt Zeimers, Head of Client Line Asset Manager, BNP Paribas Securities Services Germany, Prof. Dr. Bernd Geier, Partner, Rimon Falkenfort
2. DeFi: Opportunities and risks for the fund industry?
- What is DeFi?
- Overview of the ecosystem and infrastructure
- Examples: from staking to "decentralized funds"
- Hands-on demonstration
Speaker: Dr. Matthias Hirtschulz, Partner, d-fine GmbH
12:00pm – 12:30pm
3. Presentation of the study on crypto funds
- Overview of the universe of 400+ crypto funds worldwide
- Outline of investment strategies, e.g., market making, arbitrage
- Emergence of a new asset class
Speaker: Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Head Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
12:30pm -1:30pm Lunch break, sponsored by d-fine
1:30pm – 1:45pm
4. How to profit from crypto assets without the huge volatility?
- Risk management via SAA
- Outlook TAA
Speaker: Felix Fernandez, Management, 21e6 Capital AG i.G.
1:45pm - 2:00pm
5. Artificial Intelligence in capital investment: an impending revolution?
- The history of capital investment: a brief review
- The revolution of data
- A first classification of AI managers
- A first summary of the results obtained
Speaker: Günter Jäger, Managing Director, PLEXUS Investments AG
Block Big Data Artificial Intelligence (BDAI)
2:00pm – 2:20pm
6. The application of artificial intelligence in the asset management sector
- Use of machine learning for data collection and storage
- NLP (speech recognition) techniques
- Application of Deep Learning for the generation of valuable trading signals
Speaker: Dr. Stefan Nann, Managing Director, Stockpulse GmbH
2:20pm – 2:35pm
7. The use of algorithms in decision-making processes
- The new BaFin principles for the use of BDAI
- Risk considerations
- Overarching organizational principles and responsibility structure
- Development phase and the application phase
Speaker: Natalie-Dilan Yerlikaya, Associate, DLA Piper
2:40pm – 3:45pm
Case 1:HAIC as "Krypto-KVG"
Speaker: Patrick Karb, Managing Director, Hauck & Aufhäuser Innovative Capital GmbH (10 min)
Case 2: Funds On Chain - Innovative asset management solution according to eWpG / taxes as an integrative part of an end2end service
Speakers: Volker Braunberger, CEO, intas.tech GmbH and Robert Welzel, Partner, WTS (20 min)
Case 3: 360X: The global secondary marketplace for digital assets
- The benefits of fractionalising tangible assets, such as art and real estate
- The future of alternative investments: digitally native assets and other intangible assets, such as copyrights, fan engagement and collectibles
- The importance of a trusted secondary marketplace
Speaker: Fabian Schaum, Co-Founder, 360X (10 min)
Case 4: WM Datenservice - Bridge between digital and traditional markets
- The role of WM Datenservice in the securities business
- ISIN & Co. as the basis for processing and booking tokens
- Status quo in data housekeeping as well as in the accompaniment of new (regulatory) issues
Speaker: Thomas Steinmeyer, Sales Manager, WM Datenservice (15 min)
Case 5: Crypto register management: a driver of tokenization
- Design of the legal requirements for the registry-keeping body according to eWpG and eWpRV-E.
- Easy creation of digital asset funds via the Bloxxon platform and (technical) issuance of fund unit tokens
- Issuance demo directly via the Bloxxon platform (planned)
Speaker: Dr. Johannes Schmitt, Member of the Board, Bloxxon AG (15 min)
Closing Remarks: Frank Dornseifer, Managing Director, BAI e.V.